Dale Carnegie was an American Author and lecturer in self-improvement, public speaking, interpersonal skills and salesmanship.
Dale Carnegie was the author of some of the world’s top selling books such as “How To Win Friends And Influence People” and “How To Stop Worrying And Start Living”.
Here are 32 Inspirational & Motivational Dale Carnegie Quotes
1. “Talk to someone about themselves and they’ll listen for hours.” – Dale Carnegie
2. “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity.” – Dale Carnegie
3. “Don’t be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.” – Dale Carnegie
4.“I have come to the conclusion that there is only one way under high heaven to get the best of an argument – and that is to avoid it. Avoid it as you would avoid rattlesnakes and earthquakes.” – Dale Carnegie
5. “Action seems to follow feeling, but really action and feeling go together; and by regulating the action, which is under the more direct control of the will, we can indirectly regulate the feeling, which is not.” – Dale Carnegie
6. “Only knowledge that is used sticks in your mind.” – Dale Carnegie
7. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” – Dale Carnegie
8. “If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done.” – Dale Carnegie
9. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie
10. Dale Carnegie Quote – “You can’t win an argument. You can’t because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it.” – Dale Carnegie
11. “Big shots are only little shots who kept on shooting.” – Dale Carnegie
12. “The difference between appreciation and flattery? That is simply. One is sincere and the other insincere. One comes from the heart out; the other from the teeth out. One is unselfish; the other selfish. One is universally admired; the other universally condemned.” – Dale Carnegie
13. “Arouse in the other person an eager want. He who can do this has the whole world with him. He who cannot walks a lonely way.” – Dale Carnegie
14. “You have it easily in your power to increase the sum total of this world’s happiness now. How? By giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or is discouraged. Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.” – Dale Carnegie
15. “all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon – instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.” – Dale Carnegie
16. “Winning friends begins with friendliness.” – Dale Carnegie
17. “Criticism is dangerous, because it wounds a person’s precious pride, hurt his sense of importance and arouses resentment.” – Dale Carnegie
18. “If some people are so hungry for a feeling of importance that they actually go insane to get it, imagine what miracle you and I can achieve by giving people honest appreciation this side of insanity.” – Dale Carnegie
19. Dale Carnegie Quote – “To be interesting, be interested.” – Dale Carnegie
20. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” – Dale Carnegie
21. “Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones tend to take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
22. “The chronic kicker, even the most violent critic, will frequently soften and be subdued in the presence of a patient, sympathetic listener – a listener who will be silent while the irate fault-finder dilates like a king cobra and spews the poison out of his system.” – Dale Carnegie
23. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
24. “Why talk about what we want? That is childish. Absurd. Of course you are interested in what you want. You are eternally interested in it. But no one else is. The rest of us are just like you: we are interested in what we want.” – Dale Carnegie
25. “Names are the sweetest, most important sound in any language.” – Dale Carnegie
26. “By fighting, you never get enough – but by yielding, you get more than you expected.” – Dale Carnegie
27. “Actions speak louder than words, and a smile says, ‘I like you. You make me happy. I am glad to see you.’” – Dale Carnegie
28. “Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.” – Dale Carnegie
29. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
30. “It is the way we react to circumstances that determines our feelings.” – Dale Carnegie
31. “If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.” – Dale Carnegie
32. “Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.” – Dale Carnegie
What’s your favorite Dale Carnegie Quote? Share your favorite quote in the comment section below.
Founder & CEO of Personalgrowth.blog and Warby.Parker.Watch.
Simple guy with ridiculously ambitious dreams.